You will need
1/2 a beetroot - chopped into small pieces
Pumpkin - about 2 x the amount of beetroot. Also chopped
5 cloves of garlic (skin on)
1/2 a red onion - diced
Pasta spirals (or whatever type you prefer)
2 tablespoons oil/butter
2 tablespoons flour
About 1 cup milk
1. Put beetroot, pumpkin and garlic in a bowl and pour a little bit of oil and salt & pepper over them. Mix them so the oil etc is evenly distributed. Put them in a tray and into the oven. Roast for about 40minutes on 160 degrees.
2. Put the roast veges back into the bowl and mash them together. Make sure you take the skin off the roast garlic. If the garlic has gone hard don't put it in the mixture. Add a little bit of lemon juice and the red onions into the mixture.
3. Put the pasta into boiling water and cook it.
4. While the pasta is cooking prepare the white sauce. Everyone does this differently but once the pan is hot I put the oil into the pan and then add the flour slowly making sure it doesn't go clumpy. Once the flour is added I take the pan off the heat to add the milk to the mixture, mixing it constantly to avoid clumps forming.
5. Once the milk is added put the pan back on the heat. If it thickens to much you can either add more milk or just a little bit of boiling water.
6. Add the mashed vege mix to the white sauce and mix it through until you have the desired consistency and it's mixed properly.
7. By this time the pasta should be ready and you can pour the pasta into the sauce pan to mix them all together. Then it's ready to eat.